Mentors will recieve a $1500 award
Do you wish you knew then what you know now? Are you interested in helping new colleagues navigate the intricacies of teaching at William & Mary? The Studio for Teaching & Learning Innovation is looking for experienced teachers who would like to share their perspectives and serve as a resource. Faculty mentors will receive an award to participate in the program during the 2021 – 2022 academic year. Responsibilities for mentors include:
• Producing a short video introducing yourself and two key teaching tips
• Attending two New Faculty Course Design Institute Peer Feedback Sessions: Syllabus Writing on August 19, from 12:00 – 12:45 pm and Assessment on August 23, from 9:00 – 9:45 am
• Participating in the New Faculty Mentoring Luncheon on August 23, from 12:30 – 1:30 pm
• Participating in two Problems of Practice Facilitation Sessions during the Fall Semester and three in the Spring (Dates TBD)
• Attending two planning meetings with the Mentors cohort per semester
• One-on-one mentoring with new faculty members as needed and as you are available. This might include classroom visits or other opportunities to help new colleagues reflect on their teaching.
Mentors will receive a $1500 award for the academic year.
For more information or additional questions, please contact STLI Program Manager Mike Blum.